Final Submission Information for Posters
The IEEE RFID Conference congratulates poster authors selected to participate in the IEEE RFID 2017 Poster Session! IEEE RFID 2017 posters will be displayed in the IEEE Poster and Mega-Challenge Area on the RFID Journal LIVE! trade show floor, which will enable attendees and industry members from both conferences to view your work. Below is the schedule that pertains to poster authors and detailed instructions on how to prepare your final abstract and poster. Please follow them carefully and contact the poster chair if you have any questions.
IEEE RFID 2017 Poster and Demo Session Schedule
- Poster Viewing Hours: Posters will be on display in the RFID Journal Live exhibit hall on Wednesday, May 10th from 10:45am-5:30 pm and Thursday, May 11th 10:30 am-1:00 pm. Poster authors are NOT required to remain with their poster during this time; instead, attendees of the RFID Journal Live and IEEE RFID Conferences are free to view the posters at their leisure.
- Official Poster Session: The official poster and demo session will be held on Wednesday, May 10th from 2:30-4:00 pm. The presenting poster author is required to be present during this time to interact with poster session attendees.
- Teaser Talks: The presenting author for each accepted poster will give a short (30 second) teaser talk to generate interest in their work during the opening plenary session on Wednesday, May 10th from 8:30-10:00am.
- Poster Set Up and Removal: Posters may be setup on Tuesday, May 9th from 3:30 to– 6:30 pm before the reception in the exhibit hall opens, or Wednesday, May 10th from 7:00 am – 8:30 am, before IEEE Opening Plenary Session begins. Please contact the poster chair if you need to set up your poster during an alternate time. All posters must remain on display until Thursday, May 11th at 1:00 pm. Authors may remove their posters after 1:00 pm. All posters must be removed by 3:00 pm on Thursday, May 11th (Note: The IEEE RFID Conference and RFID Journal LIVE! are not be responsible for any posters remaining in the exhibit hall after 3pm on May 11th).
- Judging: The 2017 Poster Competition will be judged in two ways. First, a popular vote will be tallied from any RFID Journal Live or IEEE RFID attendee who cast their best poster vote. These votes will be cast during the poster viewing hours and the official poster session. Second, an expert vote will be tallied from a panel of judges that will examine each poster during the official poster session time and select a best poster. Awards for the popular and expert votes will be announced on Thursday, May 11th.
- Mega Challenge: The IEEE RFID Smart Cities Mega Challenge will be held immediately after the Poster Session in the same area of the exhibit hall on Wednesday, May 10th from 4:00-5:00 pm.
- Young Professionals Event: The IEEE Council for RFID strongly encourages all poster presenters to attend both the IEEE Young Professionals Private Event and IEEE RFID Networking Dinner on Wednesday, May 10th (separate registration required)
Information for Authors of Accepted Posters
- Once you have received notification that your poster has been accepted, please update your abstract with any suggestions from the poster chair. Also, proofread your abstract, ensure that it is written in the IEEE 2-column format, and make sure that all author names are included. Abstracts of accepted posters will be included in the IEEE RFID 2017 digital conference proceedings, which attendees of IEEE RFID 2017 receive. (These abstracts will not be archived on IEEE Xplore as the poster session is not peer reviewed.) Updated abstracts must be uploaded to EDAS no later than Thursday, March 23, 2017.
- Authors of accepted posters must fill out the poster session authorization form and upload it to EDAS with their final abstract no later than Thursday, March 23, 2017. The poster authorization form should be filled out using a black or blue pen (no pencils, please).
- Authors of accepted posters are required to print their own poster and bring it to the conference venue. The conference will provide a 40 inch x 30 inch (101 cm x 76 cm) display area and you will be scheduled for presentation during the conference on the industry tradeshow floor. PLEASE BE AWARE THIS IS NOT AN ‘A0’ SIZE DISPLAY AREA and scale your poster appropriately before printing.
- Each accepted poster must be posted in the display area and presented for discussion during the poster session. The poster presenter must be an author of the poster and that author must be registered for the conference based on their IEEE membership status: Member, Life/Retired/Student, or Non-Member. Once an author of an accepted Paper has registered for the conference at the member or non-member fee, it is not necessary to register again for one accepted poster display. Early (discounted) registration ends March 18.
- For authors presenting demonstrations, we will provide power strips (US 110V/60Hz mains power) and a 6-foot (1.8m) table. Authors with demos must indicate that their poster presentation involves a demo when uploading their extended abstract to EDAS; otherwise, power and a table will not be provided.
- IEEE Manuscript Templates for Conferences– Proper formatting for the RFID 2017 conference in LaTeX and Microsoft Word.
- IEEE PDF Checker– Online tool for checking that your submitted PDF has the embedded fonts and correct paper size for the RFID 2017 conference.
- IEEE Author Digital Toolbox– Tools provided by the IEEE to ensure your pdf and figures conform to pertinent standards.